Ownership of Intellectual Property
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, videos, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including, but not limited to, the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, and arrangement of other Content, which is contained on the Website is owned, controlled, or licensed by or to Empower, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. By granting you access to and use of the Website, Empower does not transfer any ownership rights in any Content found on the Website, and by furnishing information and materials through the Website, Empower does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents, or any other intellectual property rights.
The Website may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Accuracy of Content
You acknowledge that Empower has no duty or obligation to keep any Content on the Website accurate, current, or complete and agree that your reliance on any such Content is at your own risk. Although Empower makes best efforts to maintain the accuracy of the Website, it does not represent or warrant that it is error-free.
Information that Empower publishes on the Website may contain references to Empower products, programs, and services that are not advertised or offered in your country. You acknowledge and agree that such references do not imply that Empower intends to offer such products, programs, or services in your country. Consult your local Empower business contact for information regarding the products, programs, and services that are available to you.
Operation of the Website
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to do any of the following, at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability: (1) refuse, restrict, modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or your access to the Website, or any portion of the Website; (2) modify or change the Website, or any portion of the Website; and (3) interrupt the regular operation of the Website, or any portion of the Website, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, to correct errors, or to make other changes to the Website. We may also make improvements or changes in the products or programs described in the Website at any time without notice.
- USE OF WEBSITE
You agree to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your use of the Website. You agree to abide by policies of third party channels and social media properties where Empower maintains a branded presence. You agree not to publish post, upload, distribute or otherwise make available any User-Provided Content:
- containing a solicitation of funds, a promotion, an advertisement, a solicitation to purchase goods or services, a solicitation of other users to use, join, or become a member of any commercial service or other organization, or any other commercial matter, unless the online sService at issue specifically allows such User-Provided Content;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading or that is in our sole discretion harmful, threatening, abusive, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, obscene, obscene as to minors, pornographic, racist, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, indecent, unlawful, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party or that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or;
In addition, you agree not to:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User-Provided Content transmitted in connection with the Website;
- create a false identity or create an Account for anyone other than yourself without permission;
- install any software, file, or code that is not authorized by the user of a computer or device or that assumes control of all or any part of the processing performed by a computer or device without the authorization of the user of the computer or device;
- take any action that interferes with the proper working of the Website, compromises the security of the Website, or otherwise damages the Website or any materials and information available through the Website or violates any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular online service;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, to any other systems or networks connected to the Website, to any of our servers, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, including, but not limited to, by hacking, password “mining”, or any other unauthorized means;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website or bypass the authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website;
- use any automated means to collect information or content from or otherwise access the Website, including, but not limited to, through the use of technical tools known as robots, spiders, or scrapers, without our prior permission;
- falsify, delete, or modify any copyright management information or other program markings or notice of Empower’ proprietary rights, such as author attributions, legal notices, proprietary designations, or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded to the Website;
- harvest or otherwise collect and store information about other users of the Website, including e-mail addresses; or
- use, download, copy, or otherwise provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Website or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
Certain areas of the Website may contain formal and informal documentation relating to Empower’s products, along with materials drafted by third parties. Any Empower warranties as to its products’ conformance with specifications and documentation that may be found in your software license agreement apply ONLY TO the documentation that is provided to you in conjunction with the product. In the event of a conflict or ambiguity between the terms of the formal documentation found on the Website and formal documentation provided to you with your product, the latter shall prevail.
By virtue of participation in certain areas of the Website, you may have access to information that is confidential to Empower (“Confidential Information”). “Confidential Information” shall mean all confidential and proprietary information of Empower, including, but not limited to, all ideas, techniques, models, inventions, know-how, processes, software programs, source code, trade secrets, and works of authorship relating to our current, future, and proposed products and services; customer, employee, and supplier lists; and any and all Content (including User-Provided Content) published on the Website by Empower or any user. As used herein, Confidential Information shall not include information that: (a) is or becomes a part of the public domain through no act or omission of a user; (b) was in a user’s lawful possession prior to the disclosure and had not been obtained by the user either directly or indirectly from Empower; or (c) is lawfully disclosed to a user by a third party without restriction on disclosure.
You shall ensure that the same degree of care is used to prevent the unauthorized use, dissemination, or publication of the Confidential Information as you use to protect your own confidential information of a like nature, but in no event shall the safeguards for protecting such Confidential Information be less than a reasonably prudent business would exercise under similar circumstances. You shall take prompt and appropriate action to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of such Confidential Information.
Registration and Passwords
The Website may permit or require you to register or obtain a password prior to permitting you to access certain portions of the Website. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login ID and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login ID or Account. Your password(s) are user-specific and may only be used by you. You agree to: (a) notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your login ID, password, or Account, or any other breach of security involving access to the Website through your Account; and (b) log out of your Account at the end of each session.
You acknowledge and agree that you cannot and will not attempt to hold us, our suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, third-party service providers, and our respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors responsible for any liability, claims, or expenses arising from your failure to comply with this section.
- YOUR PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US
When you provide information about yourself to us, such as when you create an Account or through the careers portion of the Website, you agree to: (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself and your employer, and not to provide information that attempts to impersonate another individual; and (b) maintain and promptly update such information to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any such information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we retain the right to suspend or terminate any Account you establish and/or to refuse any or all current or future use of the Website or any portion thereof.
Click here to view the Privacy Statement.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND WEBSITE
The Website may contain links to third-party websites and applications for your convenience and information. Empower does not control those third-party websites and applications, and we do not endorse or make any representations about those third-party websites and applications. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of such websites and applications that are not under our control, and that you will not hold us responsible for any harm that may arise based on your access to or use of any linked website or application.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. EMPOWER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE ACCURATE, CURRENT, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE WEBSITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT ANY REPORTED PROBLEMS MAY BE RESOLVED WITH THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION THAT EMPOWER PROVIDES THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Notices or Communication
Revision date: June 10, 2020