Dual Output Integrated Voltage Regulator on Interpose
Introducing the World’s Smallest & Fastest Voltage Regulator
The EP7029 is a high-performance highly Integrated Voltage Regulator (IVR) with two outputs totaling 10A that enables the full integration of multiple voltage rails all in one IC, eliminating all external components. Operating from a 1.8V input supply, the EP7029 offers the industry best density, efficiency, transient performance and dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) from any system input voltage.
The two outputs are capable of 0.5V to 1.2V at 5A each to provide flat efficiency curves and ultra-wide bandwidth.
The EP7029 offers extensive independent programmability for each of its outputs, requiring no external discrete components. Highly accurate telemetry, diagnostics, warnings and protection as well as operating parameters such as output voltage, soft-start time and sequencing, DVS ramp speed, and phase shedding are all programmable via the I3C interface. The EP7029 reduces PCB power management area and components by 10x or more, reduces system power loss by 10-50%, and reduces power routing complexity on the PCB.
- Two Integrated Voltage Regulators (IVR): 5A & 5A
- Industry’s highest current density: 0.125A / mm2
- Programmable output voltage: 5V to 1.2V
- Output voltage set point accuracy: ±0% over PVT
- Programmable fast DVS: up to 6 mV/ns
- Programmable auto-phase shedding
- Accurate current (± 10%), voltage (± 2%), and temperature reporting (± 4°C)
- Programmable power-up sequencing
- 28MHz I3C interface (compatible to I2C) to coordinate sequencing, telemetry, and diagnostics with system and SoC
- No discrete inductors or capacitors required
- Ultra-fast transient response with no output caps
- High efficiency and wide bandwidth
- Extensive fault protection, programming and warning: OVLO, UVLO, OVP, OCP, short-circuit
- Adjustable, fast soft-start with low in-rush current
- Server POL
- Optical transceiver SoCs & Modules
- Client/Enterprise/Data Center SSD & NAS
- Networking & Communication SoCs
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processors