Dual Output Integrated Voltage Regulator IC
Introducing the World’s Smallest & Fastest Voltage Regulator
The EP7028 is a high-performance highly Integrated Voltage Regulator (IVR) with two outputs totaling 10A that enables the full integration of multiple voltage rails all in one IC, eliminating all external components. Operating from a 1.8V input supply, the EP7028 offers the industry best density, efficiency, transient performance and dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) from any system input voltage.
The two outputs are capable of 0.5V to 1.20V at 6A & 4A respectively to provide flat efficiency curves and ultra-wide bandwidth.
The EP7028 offers extensive independent programmability for each of its outputs, requiring no external discrete components.
- Two Integrated Voltage Regulators (IVR): 6A/4A
- Industry’s highest current density: 0.4A / mm2
- Programmable output voltage: 0.5V to 1.20V
- Output voltage set point accuracy: ±1.0% over PVT
- Ultra-fast transient response with no output caps
- Programmable fast DVS: up to 12 mV/ns
- Programmable power-up sequencing
- 28MHz I3C interface to coordinate sequencing, telemetry and diagnostics with system and SoC
- Programmable auto-phase shedding
- High efficiency and wide bandwidth
- Extensive fault protection, programming and warning: OVLO, UVLO, OVP, OCP, short-circuit
- Accurate current (± 10%), voltage (± 2%), and temperature reporting (± 4°C)
- Adjustable, fast soft-start with low in-rush current
- No discrete inductors or capacitors required
- Server POL
- Optical transceiver SoCs & Modules
- Client/Enterprise/Data Center SSD & NAS
- Networking & Communication SoCs
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processors